It’s back to school time. Time being the operative word. Something that becomes difficult to balance in the madness of school-day routines. Time. What becomes instantly absorbed by pickups and drop-offs, sports schedules and afterschool activities, and even breakfast, lunch, and dinner prep. But FEAR NOT, Super-Parents! Here are some quick and easy meal prep recipes to keep in the back pocket of your cape, which will help you save some precious time this school year.
- Hold the crusts, please! Easy as 1, 2, 3. Prepare your favorite PBJ sandwiches (or fluff-a-nutters if you so choose), cut off those crusts, seal in a Ziploc and freeze! This makes for an easy-to-pack sandwich, and very family-friendly, that will thaw by lunchtime.
- Fruit-by-the-cup. Fruit cups have never been more fun and convenient! Using your family’s favorite fresh fruits and 100% fruit juices, create 1-cup portioned fruit cups to mass-prep and freeze. Voila! Another easy (and healthy) freeze-and-thaw anytime delight!
- Running on E? Check out this quick and painless recipe for delicious and healthy no-bake energy bites that curb those sneaky snack attacks! Best part- you can freeze these, too!
- And, PRESTO! It’s pizza! If your picky eaters are anything like mine, you’re probably looking for a quick and easy crowd-pleaser after a long day of work and errands. Take dinner prep out of the equation by making and freezing these yummy pies ahead of time.
- Scramble them! The eggs, not your children in the morning. This speedy and hot breakfast is the perfect solution to your daily morning madness. And, you guessed it, it’s FREEZER-FRIENDLY Super-Parents!
As you can see, there’s no need to flash a desperate bat signal or dread any impeding Kryptonite. In addition to the suggested recipes above, there are countless more time-saving recipes to help you save the day for all of your meal-time needs.