If your child is just about to complete elementary school & make the jump to middle school, you & your child may both have some questions as to what transitioning to the new environment will be like. There are steps you can take to be prepared – read on for some suggestions from the Sylvan Source blog:
- Meet with your child’s teacher … and discuss the successes and pitfalls of the previous year.
- Pick up your summer reading and math lists … to keep your child learning all summer long!
- Chat with the school guidance counselor … to find out what you can expect out of middle school classes and the year ahead.
- Peruse next year’s curriculum … and use the summer months to prepare your child for next year’s classes.
- Review the afterschool programs … to get your child excited about next year’s extracurricular activities early on.
- Practice using a combination lock … and enjoy the transition from cubby to locker in middle school.
- Use technology daily … because nowadays, being tech savvy is a necessity.
- Plan a summer learning staycation or getaway … and keep your kids’ brains churning!