Our Skills Assessment
Unmatched Insight into Your Child
Our skills assessment provides unparalleled insight into your child. We don’t assume your child’s ability based on age and grade. Instead, we determine your child’s specific academic needs and attitudes towards learning through our innovative Sylvan assessment process. The unique insight we gather allows us to create a personal learning plan just for your child.
Your child’s assessment will take 1-3 hours to complete and we are able to share the results the next day. Each Sylvan assessment includes:
- Our computer-adaptive skills assessment, pinpointing your child’s strengths and needs
- Observations from Sylvan instructors, identifying your child’s abilities in reading, writing and math
- A self-evaluation rating your child’s own habits and attitudes toward school, which can affect academic performance
- A tour of our Sylvan Center, which includes the Sylvan Store where students can shop using tokens they earn through our motivational system
- A free one-hour consultation with a Sylvan Director
Through the assessment, we identify exactly where your child needs to start to get the best results — from developing new skills to overcoming self-limiting beliefs or behaviors. We use the results to create your child’s personal learning plan by applying Our Individualized Approach.